The Different Types Of Car Accidents And Your Right To Claim
Car accidents can be scary, but unfortunately, many people still don't know how to deal with the aftermath properly. This page discusses the various types of car accidents and what the law says about your rights.
What are the many kinds of car accidents?
If you have been in an accident, you should speak to a Miami car accident attorney as soon as possible. Many resources are available on this website, but you must talk with an experienced lawyer if you have been in a severe car accident. A car accident attorney can help you understand your rights and what to do next.
Various car accidents can happen, so you must know your rights if you're involved in one. Here are some types of car accidents:
- Rear-End Collision: This is similar to a front-end collision, but instead of hitting each other head-on, the cars hit each other from behind. The driver of the vehicle that hit them may be at fault. A rear-end collision victim may also sustain injuries around the waist and lower back.
- Side-impact and side-swipe collisions: Two major car accidents are side-impact collisions and side-swipe collisions. In side-impact crashes, the car strikes something else from the side. It can occur when a driver attempts to dodge an impediment, collides with another vehicle or runs into a ditch. In side-wipe collisions, the car swipes something else in its path.
- Commercial truck accidents: Commercial trucks are big, heavy vehicles that can cause damage quickly. You may have legal rights if you're injured in a car accident caused by a commercial truck. Consult an attorney as immediately as possible regarding your matter.
- Bicycle accidents: In bicycle accidents, the most common injuries are to the legs and feet. Victims of bicycle accidents need to get medical attention as soon as possible.
Car accidents can occur in a variety of ways. Rollover accidents are the most common, and they happen when the car rolls over after being hit from the front, the side, or the rear.
Distracted driving accidents happen when drivers are involved in other activities while driving and end up causing a collision. Motorcycle accidents are the most dangerous type of accident, and they occur when a motorcycle driver is involved in a crash.
Pedestrian accidents are the second most common type, and they happen when someone walking is hit by a car. Intoxicated driving accidents include alcohol-related collisions and collisions caused by drivers using drugs.
What factors make a car accident most likely to occur?
People often think that the most common car accidents are when someone hits their head on the dashboard. However, this is only one factor that can make a car accident likely to occur.
Many factors can contribute to a car accident, and your right to claim compensation depends on which one caused the accident. Car accidents can occur in a variety of ways.
- Distracted Driving: One of the leading causes of car accidents is distracted driving, which is any activity that diverts your concentration away from the road.
It thus includes things like reading, talking on the phone, eating or drinking, and anything else that above takes your focus away from the road.
If you are involved in a car accident due to being distracted, you may be able to claim compensation for injuries you sustained.
- Faulty Vehicles: F faulty vehicles are another common cause of car accidents. The above includes vehicles with mechanical issues, such as faulty brakes or steering mechanisms, and vehicles not fitted to manage road conditions.
If you were affected in a vehicle accident due to a defective vehicle, you might be eligible to seek reimbursement from the manufacturer or supplier.
- Drivers who are under the influence: If you are a driver, you may be held accountable for car accidents that occur while under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you are injured because of someone else's negligence or intoxication and need compensation, consult with a skilled personal injury attorney.
Aside from the physical traumas you received, in some cases, medicine or alcohol-related car accident can evolve into more serious mental health issues later on.
A car accident can be a traumatic experience, and depending on the circumstances, you may have rights that entitle you to compensation. You must comprehend your rights and duties and what steps you need to take to claim compensation for your injuries.